Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Céleste Boursier-Mougenot At London's Barbican

I know contemporary art and intallation art is kind of love/hate sort of thing, and honestly, I'm the same way. But I heard about this guy and wanted to check it out for myself. I personally am a sucker for cute tiny little birds and ambient sounds, like windchimes or guitar distortion lol. The first video is think is more 'official' but the second one has pretty grass and water close ups lol. The whole installation is basically about sound ("From Here to Ear") and this is just one section of it. Whether or not you consider it art (mind you, it's CONCEPTUAL, so there is a greater CONCEPT it is involving or presenting) it's kind of cute, kind of peaceful, like I said, if you're like me...



2 comments:

  1. i think that it is interesting that you find this peaceful because it seemed a bit forboding to me. especially the poop and circly camera work at the end of the first one. really cool though. that bird was rockin out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i didn't like how they filmed that one part, I thought it was weird and kind of mean that they kept chasing them haha. the second video more or less shows you how cute the little birds are haha

    ReplyDelete