Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christian Dior Spring 2010

I love Dior! So, of course it was a treat to see that Style.com had the Spring 2010 collection posted. And even more awesome, Galliano's English hunt theme! Just seeing the first photo in the collection, I was already getting excited for the fashion editorials that would ensue!


While the whole "hunt" theme is not a new idea, I am really happy with Dior's take. As always, John Galliano brings his own theatrics and drama to each design. To me, it's the alternative to the more sophisticated and sometimes traditional designs of Ralph Lauren's equestrian style.

Amazingly tailored jackets, bustled skirts, and top hats speak to classic elegance, but Galliano pairs tradition with edge. Vampy makeup, leather gloves and riding crop ad a touch of burlesque.



The makeup and bride of Frankenstein hair also speak of gothic elegance.




Also loving the lace veil- notice the veil ties up at the back of the hat and streams down; awesome!


Since it's a spring collection, there were the obvious lacey pastel dresses and gowns as well, but what particularly stood out to me was Galliano's choice of bold and contrasting gem tones.


I liked the idea of this next dress- it's a sleekly tailored belted coat dress in a beautiful dark teal color. What makes it stand out is a texturally contrasting printed fabric- I can't tell if it's a wrap, or if it's actually a side panel in the dress. Either way, I thought it was cool.

2 comments: