Monday, December 28, 2009

Inspiration Monday







(*CLICK on above photo to view the whole image. It's pretty cool...)



All photos above are property of photographer Rocio Montoya.

This set immediately made me think of Frida Kahlo. What I find most "cool" about them is that they weren't necessarily MEANT to be inspired by Frida. They're not replicas of her work, or portrayals of her. What they do share though is an amazing display of costume and detail. I love the sphynx cat used in these images. Frida often portrayed her unusual pets in her portraits, such as monkeys or itzcuintli dogs.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love them! you know, the first one reminded me of Frida also! That one is my favorite. It looks like a painting. These are so beautifull that it literally kinda makes me sad that I didnt produce them myself, because it seems like just the thing I would want to produce if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, the one of her gorgeous eyes looking over the peacock fan is another reminder that i need falsies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the subtle gold color in the second one. And the one of her sitting down with three cats is cool too. Somebody the other day was talking about falsies and it reminded me of you! haha :D

    ReplyDelete