Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Excited :D

I love love love Rodarte.
















For those who don't know, Rodarte's headed by a team of two sisters who design it all. Their approach to
design is unique. They're kind of weird, out of the box perception to design is both their downfall and their saving grace.
Like it or leave it is pretty much how it is for viewers. I personally love it because it's so weird. From an artist's point of view, I see what they do as art, not just something to wear. I love that they create and mix and match all these weird fabrics and patterns. They take their inspiration from various sources and then make them manifest in ways that you would never expect. I love the rich colors (the reds are my favorite) and the hand dying they do with their fabrics. I can't really think right now so my summary kind of sucks.


My whole point? Aside from Rodarte, I love Target haha. And guess who's coming to Target as the next guest designers for the "International GO" collection they put out every year? Take that MaxAzria for Wal*Mart-slash-Miley-Cyrus!!!

1 comment: